4 Questions to Ask Your Roofer
For most of us, our home is our most valuable possession; like any other valuable, it requires care and maintenance. When that care involves repairing or replacing your roof there are a few major questions you should ask BEFORE you commit to a roofing contractor.
Is the Roofer Insured? Ask potential roofers if they carry both liability and worker’s compensation insurance.
· Liability insurance will protect your home from any damage caused by the contractor during the project.
· Worker’s compensation insurance will protect you if a worker gets injured on your property.
Is the Roofer Licensed? This will give you piece of mind during the project.
· You’ll know that the work you are paying for meets the state standards in your area.
· In case of an accident or injury, you can contact your state’s Contractors Board. But this organization can only help homeowners who work with licensed roofers.
Does the Roofer guarantee their work? Read and ask about the roofer’s guarantee.
· In addition to standard guarantees that manufacturers give with roofing materials, your roofing contractor should offer a separate guarantee for at least a year.
· This guarantee should be in writing and should include cases of leaks, defective materials and poor workmanship.
Will the Roofer sign a contract for their work? Get everything in writing!
· Before you hire a roofing company, you should ask to receive a written contract that specifies all details including cost, payment policies, schedule and completion date.
· The contract should also detail the materials you have selected and clean-up plans during and after your roofing job is finished.
· How will unexpected occurrences and changes to the project be handled? This provision should also be included in the written contract.
Vinylume has been in the roofing business for the past 70 years. We are fully insured, licensed, offer guarantees and provide customers with comprehensive details about their roofing project before any work begins. Contact Vinylume today to discuss how we can make your roofing project a cost effective, high quality and stress free home improvement experience.