House fires may blow up from anywhere in the house – may it be from the outside or from the interiors. Some of the common causes include: faulty electrical wirings, appliance malfunction, candles, smoking etc. It could also be due to kitchen mishaps caused by equipment malfunction or human negligence:
As what happened here in a Manchester home
A kitchen fire left a High Street home uninhabitable Monday night, fire officials said.
The fire, started by cooking oil, was reported at about 6:15 p.m. at 183 High St., fire officials said. It was brought under control in less than 10 minutes, they said, but managed to damage the home extensively.
The town’s building department declared the house uninhabitable, officials said. The home did not have any working smoke detectors.
The four people in the home, along with a dog, were not injured, fire officials said.
Officials said one of the people in the home had put oil on the stove to deep-fry chicken and left it unattended.
There are about thousands of fires reported with damages costing millions of dollars, injuring thousands, as well as killing hundreds of victims yearly. This could easily have been prevented had more people taken proper precautions. Furthermore, much of their properties could have been saved if more people invested in fire resistant materials, particularly in their homes.
Fire resistant siding and roofs can actually save more lives and properties by preventing fires from spreading fast – providing you and your family enough time to escape to safety or for fire fighters to douse the fire before it could cause more damage.
To improve safety against fire, it is highly advisable to invest on fire-resistant home exteriors such as your roofing system. There are hundreds of roofing contractors in White Plains NY available. But not all offers a fire-resistant type.
One roofer that you can certainly put your trust in to is Vinylume Home Improvement. When it comes to White Plains roofing, we offer professional installation as well as high-quality fire resistant roofs; assuring you of top-of-the-line products and services. Just give us a call and we’ll schedule a free estimate.
(Article Excerpt from: Kitchen Fire Damages Manchester Home, www.courant.com, July 7, 2014)
Filed Under: Blog, Industry News / Tagged As: