Your roof replacement is only as good as the quality of its installation. Selecting high-end materials won’t guarantee a high-performing or long-lasting roof if the roofing contractors who install your system make mistakes. Here are five questions to ask before hiring a contractor that will help ensure you wind up working with trustworthy installers:
- What is your insurance coverage? Contractors in the building industry need to show proof of liability insurance, which covers accidental property damage, as well as workers’ compensation, which covers accidental injuries. This protects you from liability in the event of an accident during the project.
- Do you have a roofing contractor license? Legitimate roofers will have no problem providing information about their roofing contractor license (which should not be confused with a business license). You can easily verify the license with the Stamford Government Center.
- Can I have a list of references? You should also be able to obtain at least three references from past projects. We recommend calling these customers and asking them about their experience with the contractor.
- What is your warranty coverage? Roofing warranties typically have two parts: material and workmanship. Material warranty covers problems that may arise from manufacturing defects, while workmanship warranty covers installation errors. Our status as a GAF Master Elite™ contractor means we can offer extraordinary roofing warranties: GAF’s Golden Pledge® Limited Warranty covers up to 50 years on materials and up to 25 years on workmanship.
- Can I visit your office? A physical address is an indicator that the contractor isn’t operating from the back of a truck. It is also an assurance that the contractor won’t disappear on you if something goes wrong. At Vinylume Home Improvement, we’d love to have you over and show you around our place at Davenport Street, so feel free to drop by when you’re in the neighborhood.
Vinylume Home Improvement serves homeowners in and around Norwalk, CT and Yonkers, NY. To learn more about our roofing services, call us today at (866) 244-8029 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free in-home estimate.
Filed Under: Roofing / Tagged As: roofer, roofing company, roofing contractor