Roof Maintenance Tips For Fairfield &
Westchester County Homeowners.
How To Preserve Your Roof To Ensure
Peak Performance & Longevity.
Roofs in Fairfield and Westchester County areas have to deal with some rough weather conditions. That’s why it’s critical to perform the occasional maintenance on your roof to make it last and perform as long as possible.
We’re Fairfield and Westchester’s most experienced roofer. It’s our duty to impart our extensive knowledge of roofing maintenance to homeowners in our area. So here are 10 tips on how to properly maintain your roof.
(WARNING! Use extreme caution when accessing your roof. We recommend having a professional conduct a thorough inspection on your behalf.)
- Have your roof inspected every 3-5 years.
- If you roof is more than 10 years old, have it inspected every year.
- Look for missing, cracked, or curled shingles and signs of wear.
- Look for penetrations of the shingle layer or roof deck.
- Check flashing to make sure it remains properly sealed.
- Inspect chimney for spalling, cracking, or loose bricks.
- Keep your roof clear of debris, leaves, and pine needles.
- Remove moss, mold, or mildew.
- Trim overhanging tree limbs.
- Keep gutters clean and clear of leaves and debris all year long.
As we said, accessing your roof can be dangerous. We provide free roof inspections for homeowners in the Fairfield and Westchester areas. We’ll examine your roof, pinpoint any issues, and tell you if you need to repair or replace it. (Don’t worry—if your roof is in good shape, we’ll tell you that, too! We pride ourselves on honesty and zero pressure.)
Contact us today!